water test 26 days

cotoletta

Songster
7 Years
Jul 17, 2014
London England
Hi my 3 eggs are gone 26 days now(no incubator, but through my broody) I just did the water test and the were in the middle of the water but not moving at all.
Do you think maybe theyre dead?
If so, why would all 3 die after they have fully grown?
Pleaze help me, :(

Hi my 3 eggs are gone 26 days now(no incubator, but through my broody) I just did the water test and the were in the middle of the water but not moving at all.
Do you think maybe theyre dead?
If so, why would all 3 die after they have fully grown?
Pleaze help me,
sad.png
Sorry, they are probably gone. After about 24 days, I don't want them to hatch anyway. Chances are they wouldn't be healthy. Every batch I have 1 or 2 that fully develop, but never pip. If they don't hatch, it just wasn't meant to be. The may not have been healthy, something wasn't exactly right, etc...
A broody is the best incubator there is, so if none hatched, there's nothing more you could have done

I had two hatch from a broody a week late and both are doing fine. I do have two more that are over that and the water test was positive, but with no movement. Ready to get rid of them, but poor hen is still sitting.

Hmmmm
I'm gutted if they're dead... I might leave till Sunday then and water test again. If still no movement I guess it's chick heaven they go.
Not sure if a dumb Q but should I crack the egg to see what has happened or should I not bother?

If your wondering why they died you could. Somewhere there is a very detailed post (with pics) about finding out why they died.

just type in why my chick died in the search area for this site. It should be the first one that pops up . Hope that helps.

Oh bless her! Hope she will be okay!
1f60a.png

Ok I think I will have a good search as to why they have does, thanks for the tip.
It's such a shame for them to get all this way and then not hatch. Was thinking about getting other eggs under the hen but she's getting quite unwell, lost a lot of weight and feathers and her comb is so pale. Poor thing! Very dedicated hen which makes it somewhat more heartbreaking!

Back
Top Bottom