water

vthomeschoolmom

Hatching
9 Years
May 27, 2010
I have a watering thing for my chicks. It is a quart jar that screws into a delivery mechanism. When they were just born, I was told to put little marble like things in the water so the chicks don't fall in and drown. They chicks are 4 or so weeks old now. Are they old enough not to drown in the watering thing now? I would think so. I have to pick the pine shavings out of the dang thing a couple of times a day. It gets old!

Thanks

S

I take the marbles out after a few days. They'll be fine without them now that they're four weeks
smile.png

Nevermind... I just looked at them. Their heads are too big to drown in that teeny thing of water. Thanks!

S

mmmm bricks. Good idea! Not having to pick the stupid shavings out would be great. The sweet little cuties are currently enjoying the hot outdoors. They are pecking cheerfully.

Thanks for your help!

S

I have begun putting the waterers on large wide blocks in the brooder. The chicks hop up on the block to drink. It really helps keep shavings out of the water and it give the chicks something to do. Hop up
Hop down
Hop up
Hop down

you might try nipples, I use them from day one, no shavings in the water and no wet spots, I get mine at farm teck, but other places have them now

Back
Top Bottom