Waterer for keets

I think that's just for easier access. It comes with that and the regular straight in one, I've not used the one that sticks out. They'll catch on, just poke their beak to it gently so water drips on them. You don't say how old; the first couple of days they don't seem strong enough to push it but they grow fast. No worries abt complexes; if guineas remembered their early days, my hen wldnt have snagged herself a younger mate this year, bc she was awful to him when he was a keet. :gig
They're close to 2 weeks old!
Oh that's too funny!!!

Ohhhh sooo sad!!! :((( They are sooo soft!!!! *sigh* I'll have to stop kissing them and probably rubbing my face on their little feathers too. Sigh. It'll probably help me sleep though, since I'm allergic to birds and have had awful sinuses as a result of all the cuddles, haha. (I'm allergic to everything so I generally just don't even bother trying to avoid stuff I'm allergic to)
Oh, I know. We had one live with us all winter and she'll forever be my "baby girl" even though she's outside and has a mate now. She snuggled and took naps w/me & still sits on my lap to be stroked. (She also gets kinda jealous of the new keets). I'd almost slip up and kiss her on the head, then have a running list of all the diseases they can pick up and pass on.

They're strong enough to poke it then.
Yeah, they're strong enough. I just think they're maybe not (*whispers*) smart enough.
Or else they are SUPER smart and know that if they go on pretending not to know how to do it by themselves, Momma will keep on giving them water drop-by-drop via syringe. :lau

Yeah, they're strong enough. I just think they're maybe not (*whispers*) smart enough.
Or else they are SUPER smart and know that if they go on pretending not to know how to do it by themselves, Momma will keep on giving them water drop-by-drop via syringe. :lau
I used nipple waterers the first year I had guineas but living in Western Ny, the winters are cold and the nipples were impossible to keep thawed as opposed to standard waterers. Not sure where you are but something to think about. As far as them poopin in the waterers, it is very gross at first and thats why I tried nipple waterers, but the truth is they pick and peck at their own and each others droppings for food bits, it is what they do.

Last edited:
So here's what I did. I took a plastic food container (used to be protein powder) that's a little bigger around than a mason jar, and a little taller than the mason jar. I used a hole saw to cut round holes about as big as the holes in a chick feeder around the sides. Then I filled up a mason jar with water and flipped it upside down inside the food container. The water sits at a level just below the openings on the sides, and I am hoping it'll be impossible for them to get their little feet or behinds into there to foul it. And it'll stay full all day long! And now I'm planning to do the same thing for feeders, bc they make a HUGE mess with their food as well. By the time I get these guys all set up, they'll be too big to use all their stuff, hahah!!!

I mean the mess in the water - it is sooo gross!
Don't worry about it. Put a board bigger than the base of the waterer on the bedding. It needs to be big enough so the keets can get up on it to get the water.

I use sand as my brooder bedding. I have no problem with bedding getting knocked into the water.

Don't worry about it. Put a board bigger than the base of the waterer on the bedding. It needs to be big enough so the keets can get up on it to get the water.

I use sand as my brooder bedding. I have no problem with bedding getting knocked into the water.
Mine's sand too, but they get poo on their feet and track it into the water in like 2 seconds. Messy little things. :gig

Back
Top Bottom