Waterer question

FloorCandy

Crowing
Apr 15, 2020
I bought a small waterer that you attach a mason jar to. I thought it would let out water up to the hole. But the water doesn’t come out unless I tilt it, is this normal? Are they supposed to peck at the little window?

EAAC89F6-5E8D-49EA-8764-99BAC10763AE.jpeg

Sometimes there is a vacuum, which holds the water back against gravity ... just shake a little, so some air bubbles get in and it should work.

I bought a small waterer that you attach a mason jar to. I thought it would let out water up to the hole. But the water doesn’t come out unless I tilt it, is this normal? Are they supposed to peck at the little window?
No, it's supposed to maintain a constant level of water in the trough. I have four 1 gallon waterers and one of them always does this. If you unscrew it around 1/4 to 1/2 turn from tight it should solve the problem...

No, it's supposed to maintain a constant level of water in the trough. I have four 1 gallon waterers and one of them always does this. If you unscrew it around 1/4 to 1/2 turn from tight it should solve the problem...

This was an older post (in quail time at least) and I don’t even remember if I threw it out, or if turning it part way worked, I probably threw it out just in case. I had bought like 5 in a pack online so no biggie.

Thank you for the recent suggestions everyone, I’ve moved on to teaching them to drink from nipples.

Back
Top Bottom