Waterfowl feed suggestions

I would use Purina duck pellets if you can find them. I use Purina Flock raiser for my ducks, which they do great on. I'd feed mine the pellets if the dummies would eat them, lol!

I would use Purina duck pellets if you can find them. I use Purina Flock raiser for my ducks, which they do great on. I'd feed mine the pellets if the dummies would eat them, lol!
Well I want to stick with a soy free food and I'm not too impressed with Purina's food because they aren't transparent with the ingredients in the food. I'm sure it works fine but I need to do what's best for me.

Lol I do not want to get complicated like this which is why I want one food to start feeding them when they are mature and to keep feeding them at least until they are too old to lay eggs any longer. I think a 17% protein ration will be good for them year long even if they quit laying in the winter. But I read non laying ducks need only 1% calcium and if they get more calcium, it can cause kidney failure. Laying ducks need 3-4% calcium. So I'm wondering if the ducks do stop laying in the winter, will this feed provide a dangerous amount of calcium? I'm new here so I have no idea.
It should not provide a dangerous amount they should be just fine. I would go to Tractor supply or Family Farm and Home. They have plenty of great options there.

Well I want to stick with a soy free food and I'm not too impressed with Purina's food because they aren't transparent with the ingredients in the food. I'm sure it works fine but I need to do what's best for me.
I betcha you could find a nice soy free food on chewy.com. it would be expensive tho

Back
Top Bottom