Waterfowl Pics and Chat!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Marty1876, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Marty1876

Marty1876 Hi Everyone!

This is a great place to brag about your waterfowl, show off pics, and tell their stories, new and old.

Be nice.

2. Marty1876

Marty1876 Hi Everyone!

[​IMG]

This is my White African Trio! This was thier first stop when they came home. They are rescue geese.

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]Soaking up some sun, cold and windy today

4. Marty1876

Marty1876 Hi Everyone!

What lovely pics Miss Lydia![​IMG] Now where did your geese come from again? I remember you got your lady in springtime, and your boy was living with your ducks, do I rememeber right?

5. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Missy came to live with us in August, she was hatched in April, Sammy was a trade, we traded 3 Scovie eggs for 1 goose egg, put the egg under my Scovie duck and she hatched him out for me.Hows that for info. [​IMG]

6. Iain Utah

Iain Utah Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2011
    Cool story and lovely pics!! [​IMG]

7. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I have to tell ya'll this, every evening when everyone is going in for the night Missy and Sammy are the last ones, they walk around drinking out of all the buckets with fresh water, Sammy thinks he has to bathe in the big 5 gallon one. then Sammy will go and stand at the door to their house while Missy is still messy around doing her thing, finally he'll come back outside and as soon as she sees him he'll go back in and most of the time she follows him then he waits till she has gone into their stall then he goes in. It is the same every night makes me want to hug them both. [​IMG] He use to get so nervous when she would come up behind him but now just little things like his behavior before bed confirms he is smitten. Their relationship has grown so much in the last month.

8. Going Bhonkers

Going Bhonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    SW Florida
    Aw, he waits up for his little buddy [​IMG]

9. Iain Utah

Iain Utah Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2011
    Lydia, that is very cool!! I knew Sammy would fall in love with Missy. She is too darn cute not to!

10. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    [​IMG]
    This is Peaches out Lilac Sebastopol Goose

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Gray Sebastopols

[​IMG]
    Lavender Sebastopol girls, 1 smooth, 1 curly

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Chance our newest Gray Saddleback sebastopol gander, he is a true asset to the gaggle

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Ripple, white female sebastopol (Marty she is full sister to one of your girls) the only 2012 sebbie we kept from the whites

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Valkarie our juvenile buff dewlap toulouse hatched here -------and--------everyone loves the peanut pool and makes for good pictures

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Was able to lay hands on both of these chunky monkeys tonight as we showed them their new stall. Hoping to get new pictures tomorrow of them, but our temps are just high enough to be bothering them some, hoping after a week of adjustment to the warmth here they will just blend into the gaggle like the others have in the past after shipping from cold climates to us.

So we have three feed pans in with the Dewlaps, 1 is their base feed the other two are blends we offer. The third pan is new this week (same blend as the second pan) yet the eat it empty every day. I can even pour feed from pan 2 to pan 3 and they goggle it up like they never had it before. Mean while they eat half of pan 2 daily always seeming to want to keep some.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by