1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

"watery eggs"

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Stasi, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Stasi

Stasi New Egg

Jul 30, 2008
    Hello: I recently began getting eggs from my girls for the very first time. For the most part, they are the best eggs I have ever tasted. However yesterday for breakfast I noticed an over easy egg had a runny watery consistencly. Not the yellow part. It seemed like the white was watery even after being well cooked. I have never seen this before. I wonder if it is because the egg might have gotton too cold prior to being collected? It's been well below freezing. Any thoughts would be apprecited.

2. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    I too have seen this, but with no knowledge as to why!!!! Maybe someone else can help you. [​IMG]

3. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
  4. Renee

Renee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    CALIFORNIA
    I have also noted this in some of my eggs, but none of my chickens have ever had any of the symptoms of IB. Maybe other conditions cause the watery egg stuff too. In my eggs, it's just a little bit of water, maybe 10 to 20 drops or so.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by