1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Watery Eye

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by modchicken, Jan 14, 2013.

1. modchicken

modchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2012
    Ok so my EE pullet who's about 2-3 months old now has had this one runny eye for the past month. I noticed it one day because she normally jsut keeps it closed. I wipe it a little with a warm soft cloth or Q-tip every once in a while but it just seems to not go away..... I don't really think it's respiratory because it's only in one eye and it just seems watery and just kind of bothers her. Her little muff feathers sort of get stuck to her eyelid and pulls on the skin there too. It's always just half closed or closed.... Any ideas? Am I just over reacting? Thanks guys!

2. livercelluar123

livercelluar123 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2013
    Keep wipin it with a warm wash cloth and if you have little hair elastics put the feathers around that eye in a little pony tail or just trim the fathers around that eye

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by