Watery poop

KatAnn

Chirping
Apr 27, 2020
Rhode Island
I have 7, 5 week old chicks. They have been having on and off watery poop for a while now. It's not all of them just a few. They all act completely fine. Eating drinking playing I don't notice anything like them being sick. They don't have the heat light on anymore it's been about a week. They go outside everyday weather permitting. We also give them chick grit. I was giving electoral lights/ vits in the water but that didn't seem to help. They were vaccinated at the hatchery. Should I be concerned? Is there anything I can do to help stop the watery poops.

Behavior is your best indication of health and well being. Poop is secondary and can change in consistency according to what the chicks eat and how much they drink. If you notice one or two begin to be lethargic, then you need to get concerned.

Behavior is your best indication of health and well being. Poop is secondary and can change in consistency according to what the chicks eat and how much they drink. If you notice one or two begin to be lethargic, then you need to get concerned.
Ok awesome thank you 😊

I have 7, 5 week old chicks. They have been having on and off watery poop for a while now. It's not all of them just a few. They all act completely fine. Eating drinking playing I don't notice anything like them being sick. They don't have the heat light on anymore it's been about a week. They go outside everyday weather permitting. We also give them chick grit. I was giving electoral lights/ vits in the water but that didn't seem to help. They were vaccinated at the hatchery. Should I be concerned? Is there anything I can do to help stop the watery poops.
I had the same question! Thinking that since my 6 week old gals are eating more greens is what is causing the change in poop. They LOVE eating my grass and I also toss in Oregano and Thyme which they devour!

Back
Top Bottom