Waving from western Ireland

Hello there! Welcome to BYC
smile.png

Oh gosh, that sounds fantastic. There's a greyhound rescue near where I live, and we've been tempted to adopt one--but with five animals to take care of already (two hens, two goats, and a spoiled cat) we're waiting a little while to take the plunge! My husband is a horse trainer so I've been to horse shows and drag hunts, but no greyhound races though (but we might have to go next season). You should definitely check out the west of Ireland the next time you come (Galway, Cork, Aran Islands)--it's so beautiful I decided to set my next book here (a sequel to my first, Tides, which came out last year) even before I met my husband. But Dublin is lovely too!

Oh it feels less exotic being here all the time, which is probably good! :) Galway is wonderful, though I got lost in those streets a few times myself when I first came here (and the country roads still trip me up). Have you ever been to the Aran Islands? They're my favorite place in the world.

We (my three sons) and I stayed in a B&B in Galway...and yes on our second trip we went to the Aran Islands and broke some poor ponies back with a cart ride around the island. We adored it! We took a boat from Doolin (another favorite place). We have had the two trips and just hired a car and drove all over the place. My middle son Ryan (I have a Connor, a Ryan and a Sean), found out about the uilleann pipes there in Doolin and our lives have never been the same. We play Irish tunes together... I'm on whistle and flute, Ryan on the pipes, whistle and flute, Connor on mandolin and accordion. Sean on fiddle and Bodhrain. i think they are ready for the All - Ireland contests but I am a braggin mom. I think we would have to play tunes for money to get back to Ireland but we loved it and saw a lot but I remember Lynch Castle which is a bank now in Galway near a big square( like a park). We were a nice walk up the street east from the park to our B&B. St. Finean's bay area is one of my favorite places down in the Ring of Kerry. Well, I could talk Ireland with you al day. What part of the states were you from? Enjoy yourselves there.

Hey just found this I'm in galway too and my mom and dad are from Inis Mór! I just randomly searched galway not expecting to find anything in relation to it, welcome to the site it comes in so handy. :)

Back
Top Bottom