WAY overpriced coop

Is it silly to sell a small coop for $500?

• Yes!

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • yes it is silly

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • banana

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • no

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • maybe

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When you sold your house you should have excluded it from the sale in the contract, if you wanted to keep it. But you said you couldn't take it with you either. So now you need to build a new one or buy your old one back. There is no reason to be mad about it, you made the choice to leave it!

Do you remember the measurements of the coop?
For $500 even with the price of lumber now, you could make a new walk-in coop.
No foolin'!!!

Lumber prices are crazy. Building this 4x8' coop. So far, I have about $1,000 into lumber and paint. If the coop worked well and they will part with it, $500 may be a great deal.

We sold our house last summer and the buyers wanted us out in 21 days. It wasn't enough time for us to leave and I really didn't want to move the 6x12' run & coop. We offered the coop, chickens and all and it bought us another 2 weeks at the house.

Attachments

• 20210421_181513.jpg
    20210421_181513.jpg
    964.1 KB · Views: 10
When you sold your house you should have excluded it from the sale in the contract, if you wanted to keep it. But you said you couldn't take it with you either. So now you need to build a new one or buy your old one back. There is no reason to be mad about it, you made the choice to leave it!
This is said perfectly.

Some posts on here make me think people live under rocks.

Has nobody noticed there is a pandemic going on? And we are discussing what we once lost? Heck I read a guy throw out 200,000$ in bitcoin and his new profession has become dumpsite digger.

There is no reason to be mad about it, you made the choice to leave it!

No reason but to me mad at oneself indeed. The coop was sold. If the previous owner of my place came back 5 years later and wanted one of their plant pots that they'd left I'd think there was something wrong with them lol...

I've had to leave 3 excellent coops behind previously, they were built to last and were too heavy to move but they had gotten dirty by then too, coops are only meant to last 10 years.

This coop we are talking about was most likely older lol. I think the previous owners asking 500 dollars were being reasonable.

You sold them their house for x amount, now you want a bit of it back, they probably had to do some repairs to the house costing a few thousands dollars , I mean I know a fence to a property is worth more than a coop and fences only last 10 years too.

So lets be clear we are not in any way discussion what a small coop is worth, we are discussing what somebodies time is worth dealing with a previous owner wanting to buy some of the property back, and $500 sounds about right for something like that!

No foolin'!!!

Lumber prices are crazy. Building this 4x8' coop. So far, I have about $1,000 into lumber and paint. If the coop worked well and they will part with it, $500 may be a great deal.

We sold our house last summer and the buyers wanted us out in 21 days. It wasn't enough time for us to leave and I really didn't want to move the 6x12' run & coop. We offered the coop, chickens and all and it bought us another 2 weeks at the house.
I should’ve specified in my $500 coop build statement that local or Amish Sawmills are cheaper than the big store lumber prices. There are also some amazing coops made out of free pallets.

Back
Top Bottom