Way Too Many Choices????

bajabirdbrain

Songster
7 Years
Dec 30, 2016
Whidbey Island, WA
I posted the PM below to Nifty Chicken, an administrator and he suggested that I post here to see if anybody else thinks the forum choices should be reduced in number or whatever you think would make this great site even better. He is eager to hear replies from us and is willing to evaluate any and all suggestions. In no way am I suggesting anything negative about BackYardChickens, I just want it the same or better. TNX, BB

bajabirdbrain

Yesterday at 10:40 am​
Nifty: First off I would like to compliment you for this website/forum. This has been our Go To site for virtually all of our needed info for starting to raise our chicks.

Yesterday I posted in Spring 2017 as there had been no activity for almost 24 hrs, something that has not happened in the past couple of months. I got one reply and it is now approaching 48 hrs of inactivity.

I went to the Forum page and looked at New Posts and was surprised at how many posts today had!!!! I then looked at all the categories to post in and was shocked to count around 50 individual forums!!!!

No wonder I can't keep up with things as there are so many choices to make. Have you ever considered reducing the sheer number of sites???

One way or the other, the popularity of Backyard Chickens sort of speaks for itself. My inability to navigate it is probably just my problem.

Thanks again for all your work. Bajabirdbrain,

I think this site is well organized, i find it much easier to navigate than some of its sister sites
hide.gif
sorry nifty
i do have to say that i am still very new to the other sites

the thread you mention was started in Dec 2016 so is approx 6mos old and has 2000 replies so it is doing quite well for itself
some threads only last a couple days. I also know that many will go quite a long time with no posts then all of a sudden explode with 30 in a day. So it is kind of hit or miss.

if you need immediate help with something you could always hop onto some of the busier threads or even start a new thread asking for help

Good Luck!!!

-Liz

x2 also if you want to see new posts on stuff you've posted on you can hit the new posts or I've posted options and it will only formulate those posts that are updated........

Back
Top Bottom