Way too ypung to know for sure but lets guess anyway lol

These chick's are from my friends eggs he gave me to hatch and told me to keep them. Sex and breed guesses?
First one I believe is a cockrell.. born with a white spot on his head. I wasn't sure what he was for a while but I believe he is a bielfelder?
View attachment 3561541
Second one is I think a girl.. not sure on breed but maybe sapphire gem? Hoping girl
View attachment 3561542
Little barred rocks.. I believe and I am hoping not Cockrell but not feeling very confident.View attachment 3561543View attachment 3561545
And this little one is my favorite. I believe this one is also a bielfelder but a pullet.. one can hopeView attachment 3561544
Now just fyi they are mixed. I believe the roos were one bielfelder and the other a jersey giant.. that being said, he has numerous different hens that could be mom.. anyone guess? Lol I believe speckled Sussex, RIRs, Sapphire gems, some Wyandotte, and others I'm not sure of... I don't recall seeing barred rock but maybe...
I am very interested in being updated when you finally have your answers for the barred rocks and the sapphire gems. I have some less than one week old sapphire gems that are confusing. They were "sexed" by Hoover's Hatchery/TSC as all pullets, but I have two of seven look like your potential "Sapphire Gem" and five that look like your "barred rock". They were all supposed to be pullets. Based on this and many other posts/pics I've read/seen I'm betting those five are actually cockerels. I hope I'll be able to get some kind of refund from TSC for this mix-up!

I am very interested in being updated when you finally have your answers for the barred rocks and the sapphire gems. I have some less than one week old sapphire gems that are confusing. They were "sexed" by Hoover's Hatchery/TSC as all pullets, but I have two of seven look like your potential "Sapphire Gem" and five that look like your "barred rock". They were all supposed to be pullets. Based on this and many other posts/pics I've read/seen I'm betting those five are actually cockerels. I hope I'll be able to get some kind of refund from TSC for this mix-up!
At this point it looks like number 1 is boy
Number 2 is boy
Number 3 is girl
Number 4 is boy and number 5 is girl.. I've been really sick but can get updated pictures soon

I have Barred Rocks and the best way to tell boys from girls is that the boys will have white on their heads and no shadowing on their legs and feet. The girls will have grey on their heads with shadowing on their legs and feet. Both of your Barred Rocks look exactly like my pullets looked when they were that age. My vote is for pullet on both of your Barred Rocks.

These chick's are from my friends eggs he gave me to hatch and told me to keep them. Sex and breed guesses?
First one I believe is a cockrell.. born with a white spot on his head. I wasn't sure what he was for a while but I believe he is a bielfelder? 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 View attachment 3561541
Second one is I think a girl.. not sure on breed but maybe sapphire gem? Hoping girl
View attachment 3561542
Little barred rocks.. I believe and I am hoping not Cockrell but not feeling very confident.View attachment 3561543View attachment 3561545
And this little one is my favorite. I believe this one is also a bielfelder but a pullet.. one can hopeView attachment 3561544
Now just fyi they are mixed. I believe the roos were one bielfelder and the other a jersey giant.. that being said, he has numerous different hens that could be mom.. anyone guess? Lol I believe speckled Sussex, RIRs, Sapphire gems, some Wyandotte, and others I'm not sure of... I don't recall seeing barred rock but maybe...
They look so cute :love

Here is an updated set of photos for these guys.. you can def tell boys from girls at this point

First barred rock male
20230718_154746.jpg

Next is the one I thought might be a saphire gem mix.. may still be but a strange looking little cockrell
20230718_154310.jpg

Then there is this little beauty.. pretty sure it's a beilefelder Cockrell he is adorable
20230718_154246.jpg

Next is the second barred rock and looks to be a pullet. Both these barred rock (mixes I assume) have a little tuft right at the top of their combs..
20230718_154048.jpg

And finally. This gorgeous little doll.. I'm in love but she is very skittish.. her colors are stunning to me. I think her mom was RIR but I have no idea who dad might have been.. ya I believe pullet lol
20230718_155737.jpg

So that's it.. lemme know what you think and thanks for looking guys 🥰

This is the front view of the saphire gem mix? Also seems to have a doowop going on at the top of his comb.. maybe just the way the feathers are growing in right now?
20230718_161222.jpg

Back
Top Bottom