Way too ypung to know for sure but lets guess anyway lol

Cluckingtime

Songster
May 23, 2022
Central Maine
These chick's are from my friends eggs he gave me to hatch and told me to keep them. Sex and breed guesses?
First one I believe is a cockrell.. born with a white spot on his head. I wasn't sure what he was for a while but I believe he is a bielfelder?
20230630_163304.jpg

Second one is I think a girl.. not sure on breed but maybe sapphire gem? Hoping girl
20230630_163145.jpg

Little barred rocks.. I believe and I am hoping not Cockrell but not feeling very confident.
20230630_163000.jpg
20230630_162731.jpg

And this little one is my favorite. I believe this one is also a bielfelder but a pullet.. one can hope
20230630_162909.jpg

Now just fyi they are mixed. I believe the roos were one bielfelder and the other a jersey giant.. that being said, he has numerous different hens that could be mom.. anyone guess? Lol I believe speckled Sussex, RIRs, Sapphire gems, some Wyandotte, and others I'm not sure of... I don't recall seeing barred rock but maybe...

Naw the roo wasn't sapphire gem it was either black jersey giant or bielfelder.. those were the only roo choices. I know they are mixed.. just thought it would be fun to guess parents .. I know they are too young to sex.. this is just for fun while I wait

Last edited:
And I have bred a light brahma with a sapphire gem.. one is Cockrell and one is pullet.. Cockrell has super light barring where pullet looks like mom. That's the only combo I have personally had with sapphire gem

These chick's are from my friends eggs he gave me to hatch and told me to keep them. Sex and breed guesses?
First one I believe is a cockrell.. born with a white spot on his head. I wasn't sure what he was for a while but I believe he is a bielfelder?
View attachment 3561541
Second one is I think a girl.. not sure on breed but maybe sapphire gem? Hoping girl
View attachment 3561542
Little barred rocks.. I believe and I am hoping not Cockrell but not feeling very confident.View attachment 3561543View attachment 3561545
And this little one is my favorite. I believe this one is also a bielfelder but a pullet.. one can hopeView attachment 3561544
Now just fyi they are mixed. I believe the roos were one bielfelder and the other a jersey giant.. that being said, he has numerous different hens that could be mom.. anyone guess? Lol I believe speckled Sussex, RIRs, Sapphire gems, some Wyandotte, and others I'm not sure of... I don't recall seeing barred rock but maybe...
I’ll bet both barred are boys. And wait and see the results.

I hope not but you never know.. I have 7 hatched shipped eggs about 4 days older then these guys and twice as big lol I have at least one def Cockrell there that is obvious.. can't really tell on the others..

Back
Top Bottom