Waynesboro Va

owenfrye

In the Brooder
Mar 2, 2016
I live in the city of Waynesboro, We are allowed to have backyard chickens. The chickens can't free range and no roosters allowed. However I personally know of people with roosters within the city limits. I got rid of my flock back in the summer. I raised Silkies and Had a cochin rooster which crossed with my silkie hens. The result was some weird looking birds. As I said I removed my flock to a farm just outside the city, I built a new coop and a run just for them. From time to time I would go out and see how they were doing. Well to my surprise those hatchlings I raised turned out to be roosters. That was 5 roosters and 3 hens. For some odd reason the roosters picked out one silkie hen and just about had killed her (jumped her so much that she didn't have hardly any feathers on her back or neck). Long story short, I now have taken the hens back to my house and I am trying to get fattened back up. I think I am going to have to rescue the other cross breed hen as well. Nice to see other chicken people on here. Happy New Year

The biggest problem will be what to do with the roosters because I would rather have the hens out on the farm. Perhaps I can get some pictures of the roosters. They are unusual looking

Back
Top Bottom