Wazine mixing question?

AllenInTampa

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 8, 2012
I picked up an 8oz bottle of Wazine at TSC and am going to administer to my little flock this week. I have a total of 7 hens, all full grown

How much should I mix and in how much water? If i am reading it correctly, its 2oz per gallon of water, and best to let them have at it for an entire day, then discard. I was going empty out their waterer early one morning, mix up a 2 gallon batch, and empty and clean waterer next morning

And i know to discard eggs for 10-14 days? Correct?

Am I correct on my measurement? I don't wanna OD my girls...

Thanks

I picked up an 8oz bottle of Wazine at TSC and am going to administer to my little flock this week. I have a total of 7 hens, all full grown

How much should I mix and in how much water? If i am reading it correctly, its 2oz per gallon of water, and best to let them have at it for an entire day, then discard. I was going empty out their waterer early one morning, mix up a 2 gallon batch, and empty and clean waterer next morning

And i know to discard eggs for 10-14 days? Correct?

Am I correct on my measurement? I don't wanna OD my girls...

Thanks
The dosage for wazine is one ounce per gallon of water for 24 hours.
When you put them up for the night, remove all their water sources. Before you let them out the next morning, put the treated water out for them. They will be thirsty and drink it. I recommend you reworm them again in 10 days with a broad spectrum wormer such as Safeguard liquid goat wormer or Safeguard equine paste or Valbazen liquid cattle/sheep wormer.
Wazine only gets rid of large roundworms. You'd be better off using one of the other wormers I mentioned, as they kill many types of worms that chickens can get. There is a 14 day withdrawal period after last dosing with these wormers including wazine.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom