Wazine question

donna8424

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 22, 2009
Florida
I just finished giving the girls Corid for 7-days. How long should I wait until I give them Wazine?
Thanks Donna

I recommend that you wait a few days. Give them scrambled egg mixed with buttermilk during the few days before you administer the wazine. Wazine dosage is one ounce per one gallon of water. Put it out for them before you let them out of the coop in the morning... they will be thirsty and drink from it. Leave it out for 24 hours, then dispose of it and provide your chickens with
regular freshwater.

Quote:
Why the specific diet?

After treating with medications, it's best to give them products that will boost their strength and immune systems. Scrambled egg for extra protein to rebuild strength. Buttermilk is a probiotic to help rebuild their immune system. It also coats their intestinal lining and is easier to absorb than plain yogurt. I also recommend it after worming as well.

Quote:
Why the specific diet?

After treating with medications, it's best to give them products that will boost their strength and immune systems. Scrambled egg for extra protein to rebuild strength. Buttermilk is a probiotic to help rebuild their immune system. It also coats their intestinal lining and is easier to absorb than plain yogurt. I also recommend it after worming as well.

Ok great! Thanks for the info!

What worms does Wazine treat? Would using heart guard followed by Wazine get the possible worms my peeps have?

Wazine only gets rid of large roundworms. HeartGuard is for dogs and cats, I dont recommend using it in chickens. If you're looking for a broad spectrum wormer for chickens...I recommend valbazen (albendazole) liquid cattle/sheep wormer or safeguard (fenbendazole) liquid goat wormer. Edited; if your feed store doesnt carry these products, you can order them from Jefferslivestock.com or call them.

Last edited:
Quote:
My bad I meant safeguard! I just gave my pup heart guard so I guess the name was stuck in my working memory !oD

Just had a Murdocks open up in my town and they have this stuff...so I'll give it a whirl. So I'll dose them with valbazen and then follow up ten days later with safeguard.... Good idea? How long before I can use the eggs again? We live in Colorado...plenty cold enough, especially at the moment, to kill off these pests at the ready, so I'd like to de worm them now and I'll do again when they go into molt next year. Again, decent plan? Thanks!

You can use just the valbazen or just the safeguard to dose them twice if you wish....doesnt matter really. There's a 24 day withdrawal start to finish.

Thanks dawg53 your the best.
I’m not sure what they may have, so I am covering as much as possible. I just don’t want to over dose there system with meds. I plan on giving them valbezen after the wazine. I am going to have to buy eggs sense no one is laying.
rant.gif

Back
Top Bottom