Wazine wormer

GAChicken Chick

Songster
7 Years
Dec 30, 2012
Toccoa, GA
Hello all I just joined from BYH and CC. I have a quick question about wazine wormer, how long exactly do you use it for? I just implemented it this afternoon. I haven't ever wormed within the past 10 or so years that I have raised chickens but I have decided to this time. I've never had a problem before.

But at the moment I have a hen who has hit her first molt (the hen in my avatar to be exact, a GLW) in December of all times. She dropped all of her feathers at once except those on her back. Luckily being in NE Georgia its been warm until last week. She is taking a long time in getting her feathers in.

I have been giving her lots of supplements and treats. She eats plenty. But she is getting skinny. She has had bumblefoot before 2 times. Could it have come back but worse? I have found yet another scab on the troubling foot (I caught it early before and used no antibiotics, and everything went away) and got it off with no hole underneath. I suspect worms (none in poop yet though) I seriously hope that she doesn't have any infection. There is no vet close, and I couldn't afford the vet bills anyway though she is one of my fav girls. I do have access to penicillan from my work. But I would like to use that only as last resort. Any advice?
hide.gif

I'm still gonna worm th rest, just as a precaution.

I can answer the dosage instructions.

Dosage:
1oz of Wazine17 per gallon for 24 hours.

Rinse out and fill with regular water when hit the 24hour mark. The need to drink only that water.

Keep water full with regular water for 10 days. Dose again and rinse out 24 hours later.

Also, don't eat the eggs for at least 10 days after giving them the wazine! I wormed my girls with it about a month back because I thought I saw a couple tapeworms in a stool. Havent seen any since

Back
Top Bottom