Wazine

I came across this post while reading up on de-worming.

I have a 1 year old sex link hen who became very weak on her right leg. My husband found her kind of laying in the yard. I saw her, but thought she was sunning. He brought her to me and I discovered she could not bear weight at all on her right leg. I separated her, got her on some vitamins, and discovered she had a case of round worms. I treated her with wazine. She is eating more and will hopefully put some weight back on, but she is still not bearing weight on her leg.

How did your hen fare?

I came across this post while reading up on de-worming.

I have a 1 year old sex link hen who became very weak on her right leg. My husband found her kind of laying in the yard. I saw her, but thought she was sunning. He brought her to me and I discovered she could not bear weight at all on her right leg. I separated her, got her on some vitamins, and discovered she had a case of round worms. I treated her with wazine. She is eating more and will hopefully put some weight back on, but she is still not bearing weight on her leg.

How did your hen fare?
I am sorry to hear she isn't doing well.

Have you brought any new to you birds home in the last few months?

Thank you...No new birds, she is still eating and drinking great. She just can't put any weight on her right leg
Have you checked to see if the leg is swollen or if it looks/feels broken?

Can you take a short video of how she tries to walk and upload it to YouTube?

Have you checked to see if the leg is swollen or if it looks/feels broken?

Can you take a short video of how she tries to walk and upload it to YouTube?
Yes I have felt it, everything feels fine and in place. It looks ok as well, nothing in the wrong direction. You can see her trying to put a little weight on it at times. And she works it, opening and closing her foot. But that's the best she can do, not sure what's going on.

I will take a video of her when I get home tonight

Yes I have felt it, everything feels fine and in place. It looks ok as well, nothing in the wrong direction. You can see her trying to put a little weight on it at times. And she works it, opening and closing her foot. But that's the best she can do, not sure what's going on.

I will take a video of her when I get home tonight
Great.:pop

Back
Top Bottom