Wazine

Most people here use a two-week withdrawal. Since it is used in broilers, and the withdrawal for them is two weeks, we assume it's mostly out of their system by that point. It says "not for use in laying hens" because it's never been officially tested on laying hens.

One important fact about piperazine (active ingredient) is that it only kills roundworms. Because of this, most people use it for the first dose (it slowly kills the larger worms so that they don't cause problems on their way out) and a different wormer (usually safeguard or valbazen) for the second dose.

Have you had your chickens tested for worms? Many vets will do a faecal float for a small fee, and (depending on the vet) advise on wormers. dawg53 is also a very good resource, if you want to tag him.

Most people here use a two-week withdrawal. Since it is used in broilers, and the withdrawal for them is two weeks, we assume it's mostly out of their system by that point. It says "not for use in laying hens" because it's never been officially tested on laying hens.

One important fact about piperazine (active ingredient) is that it only kills roundworms. Because of this, most people use it for the first dose (it slowly kills the larger worms so that they don't cause problems on their way out) and a different wormer (usually safeguard or valbazen) for the second dose.

Have you had your chickens tested for worms? Many vets will do a faecal float for a small fee, and (depending on the vet) advise on wormers. dawg53 is also a very good resource, if you want to tag him.
Unfortunately, there is no vet close to me. The closest is an hour away, and the bill will sadly be too much for me to afford. I found worms in the poop of one of my girls. I treated everyone after this. My one girl is EXTREMELY weak, but she is pooping out a lot of worms now.
@dawg53

Sylviethecochin is correct. Wazine only treats large roundworms. I use wazine in my birds every now and then and we eat the eggs after worming. Still here typing. However, I dont recommend eating the eggs if you or a family member suspect you or they might have an adverse reaction to the active ingredient (piperazine.) Also, dont give eggs away to be eaten. Generally a 2 week withdrawal period should be good enough.
Next time you worm your birds, buy Valbazen or Safeguard liquid goat wormer. Both wormers will get rid of other types of worms as well as large roundworms. Then you wont need to use the wazine again.

The instructions on the bottle of wazine state not to eat the eggs.
https://www.drugs.com/vet/wazine-17.html

My chicken has worms! I gave all of them wazine, and I just realized it says not for laying hens. Can I eat the eggs, or can I never eat their eggs again?
What type of worms?
Can you go get a few pictures of them now?

E4AB791E-F999-44E5-99ED-84A1BF6E0B15.jpeg
What type of worms?
Can you go get a few pictures of them now?

Type in tube feeding on YouTube JUST to get an idea if it is something you can do.
If so I'll call over someone to help you.
Do not follow any video...just use them to get an idea if you can gather the supplies and physically do it.
Okay! Thank you! I will do that in the morning. Where I am, it’s night time. She’s sleeping.

I just skimmed some of your other posts.

How old is this sick one?
How many days has she not been eating?
Is she one that you've been treated with Corid too?
She is 6 months. About 2 days. It started when I started the wazine.
My other post was about my other chicken. I’ve been having NO luck!

Back
Top Bottom