WBB Turkey Poult with the top joint of the left leg twisting the hock inward and twisting foot outward.

DieselGirl5

In the Brooder
Apr 20, 2021
My week old WBB turkey poult isn't walking right. The achilleas tendon was slipped and I fixed that and wrapped it so it would stay in place. Now that is healed the joint above the hock is pushing out and causing the hock to twist in and the foot to twist out. It looks like it hurts but its not crying out or anything from it. I've tried to tape the legs together to keep the foot facing front but the hock keeps twisting. How would I go about on wrapping it to keep the joint in place and hopefully keep the hock from twisting?

Attachments

• WIN_20210420_15_34_40_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210420_15_34_40_Pro.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 57
My week old WBB turkey poult isn't walking right. The achilleas tendon was slipped and I fixed that and wrapped it so it would stay in place. Now that is healed the joint above the hock is pushing out and causing the hock to twist in and the foot to twist out. It looks like it hurts but its not crying out or anything from it. I've tried to tape the legs together to keep the foot facing front but the hock keeps twisting. How would I go about on wrapping it to keep the joint in place and hopefully keep the hock from twisting?
It has perosis. Sorry, you are not going to be able to fix this. I recommend culling it now. As a BBW, it is only going to get worse and more painful.

Back
Top Bottom