We are going to be adding on to my existing coop!!!

Quail_Antwerp

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs
11 Years
Aug 16, 2008
Ohio
It's been a chicken focused day around here. Dh I think has finally realized how serious I am about the chickens. Funny, it took putting him flat on his back for him to realize it.

Today, since he can't really do anything else, he drew out plans for the add on to my existing coop. I was pleased with his ideas, so I did them up on paint. Now, I don't have the measurements exactly to scale, but I did label everything, so this will give ya'll an idea of what my coop will soon look like.

These are the plans for just the building part. The small rectangle to the right in the hallway part is to represent our deep freezer that has croaked. We will be using it to store chicken feed in.
14550_coopplans.jpg

These are the plans with the outdoor runs added, showing where the chickens will exit/enter and where I want to have gates in the run areas themselves for human access.
14550_coopplanswruns.jpg

I really can't wait until we get these done! I told DH I can use the grower pen as a temporary breeder coop until I have chicks old enough for the grow out coop. I think, since DH is on bedrest, my mom and my brother will be coming to help me build out and finish this.

If we manage to get this done, it will be a real blessing. It will enable me to hatch chicks, and not have to keep them in the house! Which will make DH happy! I am so excited for the coop plans and can't wait until we can start hammering nails!!

The layer coop is the part that is already built. I have the BO's, SS, and LB's in there now. The new part will be wired for electric so I can hang heat lamps in the brooder area. We are also putting a floor in the new part.

Back
Top Bottom