We call him UB (Ugly Bast%#&)

Looks like he was beat up, maybe thats why he has only a few neck feathers. Poor guy! If he was running around here i'd swoop him up and give him some warm scrambled eggs and a nice place to sleep. The first pic looked like his tail feathers had been broken or picked or he is in a bad molt. He looks like an asil? maybe modern game, thai something or other (name escapes me right now)

Sometime during the day his 1 broken tail feather fell off, it looks like he has a few new ones coming in. I see him fighting the other roosters sometimes but he is not as tough as he thinks he is. Here are a couple of the other roosters he fights with.
17862_pa310005.jpg
17862_pa310012.jpg

Wow that other rooster (the big one in first pic) is beautiful, looks like he and the hen standing next to them are the parents of the one in the last pic.

Last edited:
The hen in the first picture is one our new hens that hatched last spring, she hangs out with this rooster all the time and will not have anything to do with UB, actually none of the hens like UB. I kind of feel sorry for the little guy that is untill he starts crowing at 4 am outside my bedroom window.
Quote:

Back
Top Bottom