WE DID IT!!!!

Congratulations, that's great! It's always nice to hear a success story
thumbsup.gif

I need to do the same in Virginia Beach; any pointers? I introduced the topic to an old friend and city councilman. He suggested we meet to talk about it. He might be a friend, but he is a politician first; he always says we should get together and play some racquetball soon... This has been going for 15 years... We are yet to play that game

I need to do the same in Virginia Beach; any pointers? I introduced the topic to an old friend and city councilman. He suggested we meet to talk about it. He might be a friend, but he is a politician first; he always says we should get together and play some racquetball soon... This has been going for 15 years... We are yet to play that game

Here, it took getting a group of people organized, and to support not just chicken keeping, but Urban Agriculture. We had a few people that opposed this idea for a long time, and they had the ears of the City Council. What happened here started with a "CLOSED GROUP" Facebook Page. There are now over 2200 members here. That helps when you are able to say "We represent X number of local voters.

You might go up there and private message the site, or look for Merrill Eisenberg or Dennis Mizer since they were the most active in getting this accomplished here in Tucson. On the page, just under the Heading under "Files" are many documents that might be helpful to you.

But, it can be done, just takes time and perseverance.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TucsonClucks/?ref=br_tf

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom