WE DID IT!!!!

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by rebbetzin, Dec 9, 2015.

1. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    1 person likes this.
  2. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Congratulations, that's great! It's always nice to hear a success story [​IMG]

3. 7littlegirls

7littlegirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2015
    Long Island NY
    Congratulations!! :woot

4. Resty

Resty New Egg

Dec 2, 2015
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    I need to do the same in Virginia Beach; any pointers? I introduced the topic to an old friend and city councilman. He suggested we meet to talk about it. He might be a friend, but he is a politician first; he always says we should get together and play some racquetball soon... This has been going for 15 years... We are yet to play that game

5. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Here, it took getting a group of people organized, and to support not just chicken keeping, but Urban Agriculture. We had a few people that opposed this idea for a long time, and they had the ears of the City Council. What happened here started with a "CLOSED GROUP" Facebook Page. There are now over 2200 members here. That helps when you are able to say "We represent X number of local voters.

You might go up there and private message the site, or look for Merrill Eisenberg or Dennis Mizer since they were the most active in getting this accomplished here in Tucson. On the page, just under the Heading under "Files" are many documents that might be helpful to you.

But, it can be done, just takes time and perseverance.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TucsonClucks/?ref=br_tf

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  6. Hoody's Human

Hoody's Human Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  7. Danielle27

Danielle27 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2012
    Tucson
    Woohoo!

8. beetandsteet