We did it!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by debilorrah, May 16, 2009.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We got two goats today. Nubian Boer mix. 2 1/2 months old. Just taken from mama today so they are not very happy right now.

[​IMG]

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    They are so cute when they belong to someone else and are not eating my trees and plants!

3. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    They're adorable! Mine was weaned when she arrived here. She cried for about a day, then realized Mama wasn't answering.

4. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    CUTE DEBI!!!!

i cant have em, i had some 24 hour old bottle babies and sold them, too much work

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    ahh! Cute Debi! Did you want them for meat or milk?.. lets see their house and yard you have for them! [​IMG]

6. mwdh1

mwdh1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Indiana
    AWE, I've been wanting some nubians for about 2 years now (darn city code)

7. Robin L

Robin L Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    Wisconsin
    aw how cute! Congrats [​IMG]

8. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] soooooooooooo cute!!!! I plan to get goats for milk when we get moved and I just cannot wait!!!

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Right now they are for weed eating!! We ahve 2.5 acres of wild mustard taking over the place. We are keeping them penned until they get used to the other animals. Where they were there were only goats, no other animals around at all. They have a nice cool cement floor with three walls, and we put down straw for them to sleep on and bought alfalfa hay for them to eat for now. I am hoping they will attack the weeds in the pen. When they start that we will let them loose during the day.

After a couple months we want to get a female for breeding. People sell these darned things around here for $50 to $175 a piece!!! These two were $50 and that was the BEST price we could find and we have been looking!!!

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:THey sound all set then Debi! Alot of people..even up here, with the cold winters, only have 3 sided shelters for goats...so in CA i'm sure its fine! And yep..they will clear your landlords yard like nothing! good luck! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by