We don't do Valentine's Day...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO EVERYONE

My sweet hubby wrote me a poem and gave me 2 pretty wildflowers in a water bottle. Here is the poem:

Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue.
My Love is Strong,
For a Princess like You.

As We go through this Life Together,
I still find that your touch makes me Quiver.

Your Kiss is so soft with Love and steam,
It makes me feel as if I'm Living a Dream.

As I sit back and write this poem for you,
I'm reminded just how much "I LOVE YOU."

**Isn't he Romantic**

awwwwwwwwwwwwe!!! Great job Hubby!!!!
11_1_211v1.gif

Hey, Southern, you know I found myself yesterday having to go into town and spend money I really didn't want to for a holiday that I really wasn't feelin'. I have come to the conclusion that I will not spend money for all of these commercialized holidays anymore. I, of course, got something for my husband and kiddos. It just t's me off that I should feel pressured at all to go out and buy something. The pressure is coming from the ads on tv and sale ads, etc. I know I am the one that caved to the pressure, but am throwing my hands in the air and saying adios to these ridiculous holidays. Don't get me wrong I will still do special things for my family on the holidays that I choose, not the stores and society.
old.gif
I sure do feel old after ranting like that.
lol.png

Hey texaschickmama, I don't think you should feel old. I think making that decision makes you younger at heart. When you choose to create gifts for those that you love, instead of buying what is expected, you are growing younger, imo, and in the best possible sense.

I applaud your decision!

smile.png
Well came to get some info. on chickens instead got info on chicks too. Great! But tell me friends this is something to which both me and my girlfriend differ in opinion too is it essential to give gifts on Valentines Day? Well I do not believe in such customs as gifts should not be tagged to any particular day, its the consequence of our expression then why has it got to be limited on occasions?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom