We (DuramaxGirl & DoubleTake) are starting up the Bators! First Hatch This Year! Starting 1/18/2012!

Yes I think that small of a temp swing should be fine. I had about that much of a temp swing in my old little giants. I hatched out a lot of chicks in those bators.

Thanks everyone on the Duck advice! I'm going to show these posts to my hubby.
And I'm up for egg swaps too later this spring.
I did get 5 BLRW eggs today. Two of them are cute little pullet eggs! So their laying is really coming along.
I've got nothing out of the silvers so far and they're the same age as my BLR pullets. Come in girls I want SLW babies!

Hey, any chance you two might be The Chicken Sisters that I came across in a Craigslist ad?

In other news, looks like I have 18 embryos developing. Yeah!
yippiechickie.gif
(<------ I really wanted a chance to use this smiley, lol)

I have another dozen or so eggs arriving possibly today. Nothing like testing out a bator by doing a staggered hatch, lol.

well i am using a auto turner and my temps have been great and humidity is good i was just wondering how come my eggs dont look like the other eggs when i candle them. Its day 4 and all i see is a giant mass over half the egg at the top of the egg.... any ideas?

well i am using a auto turner and my temps have been great and humidity is good i was just wondering how come my eggs dont look like the other eggs when i candle them. Its day 4 and all i see is a giant mass over half the egg at the top of the egg.... any ideas?

I have hand turned and auto turned with great results! Loved hand turning! Anyway, Don't open or worry at this stage! The masses can be bad and mean no developing but I have opened eggs before that looked unusual and thought to be bad... and there was the lil beating developing of a baby! Don't worry yet keep an eye on the ones that look "Massish" and with the next candling sniff! Watch for oozing which will be later on if it is bum egg...

Back
Top Bottom