We got 2 extra eggs today!! Can a chicken lay as early as 14 weeks.. or is it aliens?

Jack1313

In the Brooder
Aug 3, 2020
Hello hello chicken fam!

Our little flock surprised us with 2 extra eggs, we got so excited as we assumed they were from our 2 Lavender Orpingtons(20weeks) we hatched earlier in the year! - hooray! .. so then we checked our video and Neither of the orpingtons even went into the nesting boxes at all - but we have 2) 14, nearly 15 week old “mystery breed” babes that DID go in, and watching the video you can see no egg, Girlie gets out and then BAM an Egg! ... so am I going crazy?? did these two extra eggs from from these girls.. or are aliens the culprit? 🤔... if they didn’t come from these two.. can a hen lay two eggs at once? We are mind-blown over here haha!

Anyways, thanks in advance! Have a clucking amazing day!

Attached photos are of the two youngins in question!
FAA10DB5-7CEE-4333-B1A0-79C0FD0A880E.jpeg
8E17AB0F-E2E8-49E7-9883-485952E238EB.jpeg

When did you pull eggs yesterday? Possibly a couple late in the day layers plus today’s nuggets?
100% there were Zero eggs at lock up! We can account for All the eggs via the video and these two def did go in and we can see the eggs add up - but I’m struggling to believe that they would lay this early! 😳😳 maybe I just need validation hahaha!

Are the Orpingtons the only layers in your flock?

Wr have 11 chickens in total. 6 of whom we know for sure are laying everyday(so 6 eggs a day) then our 2) 20 week Lavender Orpingtons & the 3) 14.5 week chicks, one of them is a Brabanter pullet & the other two we do not know the breed!(pictured) .. so I mean it could mean two of my hens laid two eggs, but they were all laid within 2 hours time

Wr have 11 chickens in total. 6 of whom we know for sure are laying everyday(so 6 eggs a day) then our 2) 20 week Lavender Orpingtons & the 3) 14.5 week chicks, one of them is a Brabanter pullet & the other two we do not know the breed!(pictured) .. so I mean it could mean two of my hens laid two eggs, but they were all laid within 2 hours time
How interesting! And you have the video proof that the Orpingtons did not lay?

Back
Top Bottom