We got a chicken. What breed is it.

Pepperthechicken

Chirping
Apr 12, 2021
My brother's friend found this chicken in December and gave it to us. We don't know what breed it is. Help us. On my profile is the pic of all three of them. The red one is the one we do not know the breed.

Cant see them well enough!

go take pics of just the one in a bland background. I’ve used a plastic storage tote flipped on its side before or laundry basket on its side to corral a chicken or chicks. Take a pic from the side, while it is standing. Maybe an additional pic of face/comb/earlobes. By seeing feathers, leg color, comb type it helps to ID a chicken.

I'm no expert, but maybe a rhode island red or a derivative of that breed, such as a production red. A closer picture of the bird and its comb could help identify the breed.

Cant see them well enough!

go take pics of just the one in a bland background. I’ve used a plastic storage tote flipped on its side before or laundry basket on its side to corral a chicken or chicks. Take a pic from the side, while it is standing. Maybe an additional pic of face/comb/earlobes. By seeing feathers, leg color, comb type it helps to ID a chicken.
Rose comb

Back
Top Bottom