We got a record 20 eggs today!

Muggsmagee

Menagerie Mama
13 Years
Dec 15, 2009
Central NY
We got 19 eggs earlier this week, and found 20 today! Our girls are still young...we got our first egg July 4th. What progress they've made!
yippiechickie.gif

I now have 2(!) broody silkies who are stealing other eggs...they hid 1 egg each from the kids when they were collecting today. One silkie had her own, the other stole a NHR egg!
hu.gif
I will be setting them up in a comfy bed tonight, gift them with a few eggs from the incubator, and see what happens!

How can this ever get old!!!???!!! Love it!
love.gif

I can't wait for my first egg!! Just figured it up and my girls are 14 and 15 weeks old today. I have a variety of 5 breeds and they have practically taken over my life. LOL At least I bet my hubby thinks so. He was raised on the farm so this is old hat and nothing to get real excited about. I know he's enjoying watching me be so enthused though, and it keeps me off the streets. I have 26 girls and not sure what I'll do with all the eggs. I have 4-5 customers lined up so far, thinking I'll need a few more. I'm out in the country and on a paved school road so I'm thinking I might get some teacher customers.

I'm excited for you with your great haul of eggs! Yee haa!! As you stated "how can this ever get old?"

Have a blessed weekend!
Carol

Thank you, thank you. It is just fascinating and surprising!

CarolAnn...you are going to be inundated with eggs! It is just around the corner. We only have 22 girls laying...4 of which are silkies, 2 cochins...and they almost never lay! We live in a rural area, but unfortunately on a main road. I have found friends and family that buy our eggs (a good deal at $2 a dozen). You will find word of mouth is what will sell your eggs. Plus, people are willing to pick up for other people, i.e. coworkers, family...that always helps to distribute your eggs! And it is a better way to go, instead of having random strange people stop by your house at weird hours.

I don't mean to go on and on...but I know what you mean about being excited about it! I could sit outside and watch my chickens ALL day! They are fascinating with their little chicken antics. I am wondering what took me so long to want to raise chickens? I've been missing out for years!

Best of luck to you and your chickens.

Back
Top Bottom