1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

We got an EGGGG!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Justanother Brooke, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Justanother Brooke

Justanother Brooke Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2011
    Goldendale, WA
    So very exciting! This morning, our rooster was making the weirdest purring, growling, clucking noise, so I went to find him, and he was under our log splitter, making a nest. One of our two older pullets (about 6 months) was standing there watching him. After a few minutes, he got out, and kind of nudged her. She laid down in there, and was pecking around. Of course, at this point, I was already late for work, so I had to leave. As soon as I got home, I went and looked, and sure enough, there was our first egg!
    Also, the other pullet has been doing "the squat" for a few days now, so hopefully she's close too...WAHOOO!

[​IMG]

ETA: Have no idea why it's sideways, sorry!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  2. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    Congrats, thats a nice sized egg. Love those first egg days!

3. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Congrats! Beautiful egg, too!

4. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    Congratulations. [​IMG]

5. jomoncon

jomoncon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    Beautiful egg! Congratulations to you & your pullet.

6. chickengal30

chickengal30 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2011
    West coast of Florida.
    [​IMG] What a totally cool story, and what an egg [​IMG] pretty big!! Congratulations! I have four, four week olds, so my egg days are a way off yet, looking forward to it though, Well done [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by