We have 8 chicks~PIC!!

Hooray
big_smile.png
I'm also on Day 18 for BR, EEs and a few quail eggs.

Good luck!!!!
fl.gif
hugs.gif

First, take a deep breath. Second, step SLOWLY AWAY FROM THE INCUBATOR. The chicks will hatch out just fine, and you will have tons of pics to post!! Good luck!

yippiechickie.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
bun.gif
woot.gif
HURRAY!!!!!!!
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

sorry about all the smileys,
roll.png
but I'm soo happy for you! And this is good for me, too, since I am using your "box turner" idea.
smile.png
Looks like it worked out well for you! was it easier to just turn the handles and let the box tilt so the eggs would turn and roll, rather than turn them by hand? I bet it was!
big_smile.png
Good job on the bator and your hatch!
hugs.gif

Now, lets hope the others hatch out nicely and you get lots of fuzzy butts!
fl.gif
You aren't out of the storm yet, so hang in there! Stay away from the bator and let mother nature take place. If some chicks don't make it, then that is the way it is. Just be happy you have some new fuzzies!
hugs.gif

Congrats and I hope the others make it out OK!
pop.gif

If you could, I would like it if you could tell me any cons/pros about the egg turner you made, since I made the same thing.
smile.png
Did it work well? Did it have issues at all? Thanks!
big_smile.png
The eggs and the first chickie out are looking good!
thumbsup.gif

The egg turner worked out great...my main concern was when they started to hatch they needed to jump down off the box onto the wire bellow, well it all has worked out fine so far. The first one is down on the wire area and walking and peeping.....sooooo cute, and the egg right next to it has pipped now!!! So glad since DS is home from school now he can see this one hatch...the kids just about fell off the bus when I told them the chicks are hatching!

ok, I figured out a way for me to stop hovering over the bator...I placed the 8.5 yr old in there and told him to watch and tell me if anything happens!! LOL

yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Congratulations to you! I can't wait to see more pictures. I love your idea about having one of your kids watch the bator. Right......that will keep you away!
lau.gif

Keep the pictures coming!

My 3 year old son was in the room where the hatcher is, watching TV, when one egg pipped. He was coming and telling me every 5 seconds it seemed that the egg was moving!! I agree, having kids watch won't help, I think mine is worse than I am!!

Back
Top Bottom