We have a new lovely lady perhaps coming our way!!!!

We had two boar goats to eat some weeds we had that the horses wouldn't eat, but they were from a home in a more urban area so being city goats they wanted to eat what the horses were eating. Since the horses didn't allow them in the barn we parked our horse trailer in the pasture and they do love shelter. And let me tell you, they can jump higher and slip through whatever the see fit! They settled in fine but we couldn't afford to feed another pasture ornament!

So we rehomed them to someone with lots of property but quickly had to bring them home after they butted the side of one of their cars and then butted their way through the covered up doggie door!!!!

We then rehomed them to a place that has a small farm, offers kids parties and thier daughter has fallen for them and is breeding them for 4H.

You have to have a specific set up for goats for it all to work. They were characters, that's for sure!

oh, she is cute! They do like company, and jumping up on things. Also are escape artists! We have Oberhaslis, and love them! Yours looks like a NubianX like the other poster said. Good luck with your cheese adventure, there are some good supply catalogs out there, Caprine Supply and Hoeggers Supply for all things goaty.
wink.png

Quote:
Were thinking a about maybe buying some three an a half foot chain link fencing for a corner of the yard that she could have. I want to see if she can behave herself first! We have a REALLY big deck and I'm not sure I want goat poop all over it
hmm.png
when I ge my deposit back on the house we just moved out of we are building a big run for the chooks. (about 100ft x 10-12ft for 16 chickens) . If we put her house in there can she live with them?

Back
Top Bottom