We have a new lovely lady perhaps coming our way!!!!

aubreynoramarie

designated lawn flamingo
9 Years
May 27, 2010
Reno, Nevada
I am so excited! In the next few weeks THIS lovely gal may be coming to join our brood!

52dabecc.jpg

She belongs to the parents of a friend of mine who are moving and cannot take her. They said she has frequent phantom pregnancies which is AWESOME. were still planning on getting her a wether to keep her company though.

But isn't she PRETTY! I love her! I can't wait until we start building her a little shelter. I've headed TONS of byc advice regarding getting goats (an greatly appreciated the expertise).. So! Anyone have any advice on building an inexpensive goat shelter? We've been planning on taking this little girl on for a while now, but I won't take her until I have gone back to work in August. Just to be safe financially. (as of now there is no way i could feed something else. THANKS BURST PIPES IN THE BASEMENT.) Either way, yeah... Any scrap wood shelters? I may have access to pallets and plywood... We are in the city so have no large predators to deal with, but we have cold winters and hot summers. Thanks in advance! I've got a month or two to figure this out...

Last edited:
I love her color!! Phantom pregnancies? I've never heard of that in goats! I'm guessing she produces a lot of milk then?

Quote:
thats what they say, i know nothing about it but i really dont think they are conning me into taking her. I also think she is alone on their farm, so theyre getting the milk from somewhere...
we really want to make goat cheese so i am hoping it real

Mine came with a wooden floor that can come out.. But I dont see why straw wouldnt work
idunno.gif

I added a picture in my orignal post on here..

I have an oberx and a pygmy, plus now I have their baby (almost 5 months old) and they all want to fit in there when it rain
roll.png

Oh good! It looks like they do well in the snow then!
I think I could build something like that with free materials for sure. I know I could at least bolt some pallets together for the frame. (then con someone into doing the rest!)
Thanks for your advice, I had no clue they could sleep in cozy quarters, I thought I was going to have to build a mini shed!

She is so pretty! Those markings are adorable. Hm, I would be interested in having milking animals with phantom pregnancies myself when I get into that. That would actually be really awesome. Let us know what happens with that if you would.

Back
Top Bottom