WE have a problem

GoldenSparrow

Songster
8 Years
Mar 11, 2011
somad.gif

I am so mad;
he.gif
I thought my 4 chickens were eating a lot of food latly, but No the chipmunks are eating all the chicken food I leave out for the chickens!!!!

We have a TON Of them. What should I do? There like squirrels, they can get the food no mater where I put it.
barnie.gif

Even If I put it in the coop, they go thought the chicken door, and eat it.

I really could use so help on these little food snatchers
tongue.gif
somad.gif

Thanks

Try hanging the feeder about 6 - 8 inches off the ground?

What kind of fencing do you have? They can get through really small spaces, so hardware cloth if you don't already have it.

Last edited:
In .22 seconds I think I can come up with 4-10 possible ways to solve your problem. Starting now,,,,,20 gauge,12 gauge,smith and wesson,ruger,remington, bb gun,slingshot,,,,,,,,,, maybe wire the coop tighter(tough to do),,,,,,,,,use a live trap,,,,,,,,,,,,or just buy extra food and put a blanket and fresh fruit out for them too,,,they like nuts!!! lol

LOL. I know this didn't help much,,just having a little fun with my coffee. Them little buggers are going to be tough to scare off. If you don't want to shoot them ,,,it really is going to be a problem.

Quote:
LOL I can see ME trying to shoot a chipmunk! "hey would you just sit still for one second? blam, wait come back I need to try again!" They are just so fast and twitchy, and, well, my aim isn't the greatest! I think I would do better (me not the rest of you!) with a club.

Quote:
LOL I can see ME trying to shoot a chipmunk! "hey would you just sit still for one second? blam, wait come back I need to try again!" They are just so fast and twitchy, and, well, my aim isn't the greatest! I think I would do better (me not the rest of you!) with a club.

lau.gif

Try mixing a lot of red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper with the feed. The chickens don't taste it (some folks say it makes them lay more!) but it should deter mammals.

Back
Top Bottom