WE have a problem

Quote:
Exactly how does that work?

You take a 5 gallon bucket, fill it about a third of the way up. Then float about 2" of cheap striped sunflower seeds on the water. You can set the bucket against a fence or tree to enable them to jump in, or you can use a board as a ramp. They jump into the bucket thinkin' it's all seed, then fall through the floating seed to their demise in the water. It's 100% foolproof unless the little darlin's are wearin' scuba gear.

Quote:
Ditto My cat brings at least one gifted chipmunk to the porch door daily. she easts one herself and then brings a gift for me to the door. LOL

Quote:

You take a 5 gallon bucket, fill it about a third of the way up. Then float about 2" of cheap striped sunflower seeds on the water. You can set the bucket against a fence or tree to enable them to jump in, or you can use a board as a ramp. They jump into the bucket thinkin' it's all seed, then fall through the floating seed to their demise in the water. It's 100% foolproof unless the little darlin's are wearin' scuba gear.

ANd if you are building them for farmers corn cribs the 55 gallon drums work well don't forget to put holes in the barrel so the forks on the tractor can pick it up
smile.png

Quote:

What a great idea...as awful as that sounds...I don't want rodents anywhere near my chicks. Thanks for the great tip!
big_smile.png

we have two cats, they sure are lazy
idunno.gif

thank you all, I will try a number of the ideas you all gave me.

Thankas so much
big_smile.png

Quote:

X2

Or checkout on Youtube "mouse bucket trap" Simlar concept but you smear peanut butter on a pop can that has a rod through the middle and when they try to get to the can the can spins and they fall into the water.

Last edited:
I had to deal with this problem too. I tried my hardest but could not shoot them fast little buggers. I turned to the bucket trap and that could not have worked better. How does 7 in two hours sound?

Just raise the food (hang it)- no need to do the grizzly stuff!
JJ

They can jump like Squirrels
sad.png

I will NOT be killing any of them​

Back
Top Bottom