We have babies!

Have you given it a booster dose of nutridrench? When I searching for help for Singleton's splayed legs, I noticed @R2elk advised B complex vitamins in water many times, so looked to see it's effects. Over all, it just seems beneficial
https://veteriankey.com/avian-nutrition/ - and nutridrench doesn't have Bs.
So I added it to their water for the 1st cpl of weeks. It helped Singleton's leg, didn't prevent her from overheating in heating pad. The triplets and twins were very strong & healthy. Didn't prevent whatever happened in the field. But my remaining twin is strong & healthy.
It's pouring here today and chilly so I hung out in the coop for awhile, snuggled w/that twin a bit.
Found these, and pic doesn't do justice bc that little one w/tiny dots comes off⁹ as black/dark gray when in person it's brown. But hopefully you can see my frustration re different lighting, as these are w/ & w/o flash- or, you'll see nothing.:he:lau
Who’s feathers were those? I just took a pic of Mud Pie’s feather pile while I was out checking on the keets. Hope it’s not too gruesome! This feather pile was 15 feet from Muddy’s nest that Scout Orange really wanted to sit… Unfortunately, my eggs buyer fell through and there’s no way I’m hatching again at this time of the year. I may need to make Muddy and Co eggs into table eggs, but I did sell many eggs and keets this past summer, some of which were Muddy’s.

Re: Nutridrench, no, I have not given it any. I bought a new bottle of it yesterday when I realized the keet was in trouble and was thinking I’d put it in their water today. Nutridrench counteracts amprolium though, so I had to pick one or the other. Given that I had just observed the keet eating and drinking, I thought it unlikely that Nutridrench was going to do anything miraculous that the high protein gamebird crumble wasn’t doing. So I decided to gamble on the possibility of coccidiosis and the use of amprolium instead. Now when it dies I’ll wish I’d tried the Nutridrench instead…

Attachments

• 1D4B4E46-B1C3-431B-AC9A-4BA6B4ECCDA9.jpeg
    1D4B4E46-B1C3-431B-AC9A-4BA6B4ECCDA9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • D352E386-1388-49C7-9F35-1BDA97DD13C4.jpeg
    D352E386-1388-49C7-9F35-1BDA97DD13C4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
Who’s feathers were those? I just took a pic of Mud Pie’s feather pile while I was out checking on the keets. Hope it’s not too gruesome! This feather pile was 15 feet from Muddy’s nest that Scout Orange really wanted to sit… Unfortunately, my eggs buyer fell through and there’s no way I’m hatching again at this time of the year. I may need to make Muddy and Co eggs into table eggs, but I did sell many eggs and keets this past summer, some of which were Muddy’s.

Re: Nutridrench, no, I have not given it any. I bought a new bottle of it yesterday when I realized the keet was in trouble and was thinking I’d put it in their water today. Nutridrench counteracts amprolium though, so I had to pick one or the other. Given that I had just observed the keet eating and drinking, I thought it unlikely that Nutridrench was going to do anything miraculous that the high protein gamebird crumble wasn’t doing. So I decided to gamble on the possibility of coccidiosis and the use of amprolium instead. Now when it dies I’ll wish I’d tried the Nutridrench instead…
Rough as in lethargic or rough as in having loose stools? You haven't mentioned that, though I know w/several keets in a coop it might be unnoticed. But if they get too cold they become lethargic as well, yes? Remember my 1st shipped ones going from high energy to mopey $& lethargic to dead and it was bc they weren't warm enough. Do you have a crate Welch and the keets could come inside in for a few? Not sure abt your weather but its to heat back up here next week. Hate for you to lose it.

Oh, the feathers are out of the coop. The obvious black/dk gray ones vs. The ones I said look dark brown, but had said color quality of photos probably wldnt make it obvious to the grp. The long brown one has to be from the twin, as long as it is. The black/gray cld be from any number of them in there, and the one w/tiny dots that looks brown in person but show black/gray in pic wld belong to one of the smaller,non jumbo keets. Im hoping to have time to sort through them one by one this weekend as many I can recognize 1/2 syllable. The males sound as horrible as PJ did when he first started making adult-ish sounds.🙉

Rough as in lethargic or rough as in having loose stools? You haven't mentioned that, though I know w/several keets in a coop it might be unnoticed. But if they get too cold they become lethargic as well, yes? Remember my 1st shipped ones going from high energy to mopey $& lethargic to dead and it was bc they weren't warm enough. Do you have a crate Welch and the keets could come inside in for a few? Not sure abt your weather but its to heat back up here next week. Hate for you to lose it.
Yeah, I would hate to lose it too, but I think I’ve done all I can for now. Welch is half crazy being in the whole coop with the flock regularly coming by to visit. She would be a complete nervous wreck in a crate away from the flock. I think the heat light is enough, with the time between dawn and eviction of the flock from the coop being a weakness I should think on. I’ve checked several times today, and with temps of 75 F outside keets seem plenty warm, sitting in the sun (which is still very direct and strong here) some, but ignoring the heat lamp. That’s in contrast to this morning when they were almost all under the lamp, where they had food and water. Now, they are all bustling about foraging and acting like normal keets, pastel included. I plan to leave the light on in case they need it in the evening before Welch beds down with them. Otherwise, I think I’m just hoping that the amprolium will help and will have to let things take their own course.

Pastel keet is still alive, and it’s warming up here. :fl That I’m on the right track with the amprolium. I took a pic of it on the heating platform. Red light pics are awful, I know, but you can see how small it is next to its clutchmate. It’s just getting it’s wing feathers in. Lemon Pie continues to peck Welch through the wire - I don’t know what’s happening with those two…:idunnoIn other quarrelsome guineas news, female Scout Orange got into a brawl with her mate, Crypto. I’ve not seen a guinea cock and hen fight it out like this! Scout Orange lost and then got a peck on the head from most of the flock.

Attachments

• 323809B8-4DA1-45C5-8DBC-BCD047D10079.jpeg
    323809B8-4DA1-45C5-8DBC-BCD047D10079.jpeg
    332.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 78E2F3E9-9275-4D09-BB40-D44427B3F77C.jpeg
    78E2F3E9-9275-4D09-BB40-D44427B3F77C.jpeg
    729.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 558A0701-AD14-49D3-95D6-871C0A520AB4.jpeg
    558A0701-AD14-49D3-95D6-871C0A520AB4.jpeg
    695.4 KB · Views: 4
Pastel keet is still alive, and it’s warming up here. :fl That I’m on the right track with the amprolium. I took a pic of it on the heating platform. Red light pics are awful, I know, but you can see how small it is next to its clutchmate. It’s just getting it’s wing feathers in. Lemon Pie continues to peck Welch through the wire - I don’t know what’s happening with those two…:idunnoIn other quarrelsome guineas news, female Scout Orange got into a brawl with her mate, Crypto. I’ve not seen a guinea cock and hen fight it out like this! Scout Orange lost and then got a peck on the head from most of the flock.
I wonder if they get moody as their hormone levels drop to none egg laying status..
I'm so glad the pastel is perking up. Nug was much smaller than the others he shipped with. He was timid but never sickly.
The remaining twin is def a female. I haven't named her, but think she's a keeper, gray, brown, or bald. She's such a sweatheart. One of the youngers wandered off this a.m. and she was just as franticly searching as Rosie was. I think she earned Rosie's respect after that..at least for a few hrs. She's letting her be with the rest of them now.

Back
Top Bottom