We have EGGS again!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Aisle12Farms, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Aisle12Farms

Aisle12Farms Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2008
    After a stressful event, the loss of three girls to a predator in one weekend, the rest of the girls basically stopped laying eggs for us. Out of 27 girls, we were getting 3-5 eggs a day tops. We sell 4-6 dozen eggs to a local artisan bakery each week, so the lack of eggs is twice the hit.

As of this week, life is good again! We have been getting 15-18 eggs a day from the girls. I am sooooo happy! Just wanted to give a shout out to my girls for doing a great job this past week.

Feeling egg-static in VT!
    [​IMG]

2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

WAY TO GO GIRLS [​IMG] [​IMG]

CONGRATS [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. sillybirds

sillybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    California
    Glad to hear your girls are producing again. For how long of a time period after the stressful event were they not laying?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  4. Aisle12Farms

Aisle12Farms Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2008
    The girls must have been pretty upset about the predator, because they didn't lay more than 3-5 eggs for about two weeks.
    On Christmas day, the girls broke their laying record: 20 eggs in one day. We smiled, and thanked them for the presents. [​IMG]

Has anything like this happened to your flock before?

5. mizauntcathy'shenhouse

mizauntcathy'shenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2008
    Huntsville, TX
    So happy your girls are laying again and sorry to hear about the predator problem and loss of three of your girls.

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Glad to hear that things are back to "business as usual." [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by