WE HAVE EGGS! Now, what color are they? What breed is this hen?

How can I encourage her to lay eggs? She goes into the horse barn and roosts on top of the stall divider at night. Should I put a box or shelf in there?

Quote:
Thanks. What is a crelle OEG? What does OEG stand for?

And where can I get Penadesenca chickens? I've not heard of this breed before.

Crele is a color where all the feathers have a unique barring. OEG sttands for Old English Game. OEGB is Old English Game Bantam, for future reference
smile.png

Have you checked all over in the barn? She might be laying and its nest is just hidden...
If you took her off a nest it might take up to a week for her to start laying.....

Chris

Last edited:
I'll look tomorrow. I assumed if there were eggs she'd be sitting on them instead of walking around. (have I said I'm new to chickens?)
tongue.png

Quote:
Hmmm... the fact that she's out and about and not laying seems strange- normally they lay about once a day. If they're not laying I would expect them to be broody(sitting on eggs for 3 weeks to hatch chicks). Since she obviously isn't broody she must have a hidden nest somewhere-so you should probably lock her up so she will have no choice but to lay in her enclosure.

Good Luck and ...
welcome-byc.gif

I know it's been said already in this thread, but GOSH - she really is just beautiful! Congrats on your girl, and I hope she starts laying again for you soon. Best wishes...

Quote:
How long have you had her? If is just starting to lay at your place she wont start setting till she has around 6 eggs somtimes more..

Back
Top Bottom