We have reached the end.

Poultrykeeper12

Songster
Mar 31, 2020
Upstate New York
Hello byc! today is day 20 of incubating chicken eggs and I have one last question. So I walked over to the incubator this morning, just to see if i could view any signs of pipping. And no :hmm But! I was just tapping the incubator and I heard four chirps. but no pip. Is this normal? I'm not going to open the incubator to see if I missed it. That would be a death wish, But am I missing a pip? or are they chirping because they internally pipped.

Hello byc! today is day 20 of incubating chicken eggs and I have one last question. So I walked over to the incubator this morning, just to see if i could view any signs of pipping. And no :hmm But! I was just tapping the incubator and I heard four chirps. but no pip. Is this normal? I'm not going to open the incubator to see if I missed it. That would be a death wish, But am I missing a pip? or are they chirping because they internally pipped.

This is normal! My eggs didn't start pipping until Day 21 and several not until the end of that day. All but one hatched on Day 22 - the first at the end of Day 21. Chirping means that they have broken into the air cell internally (internal pip), which is usually about 24hrs before externally pipping! Don't open the incubator ;)

Back
Top Bottom