WE HAVE VEINS!!!

Quail_Antwerp

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs
11 Years
Aug 16, 2008
Ohio
I cannot begin to explain how excited or happy or totally ecstatic that I am right now!!

My first time ever to get shipped hatching eggs, all the way from Alaska to Ohio!! I stuck them under a broody hen, and she is doing such a good job......

AND THEY ARE ALL DEVELOPING!!

woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif

I have prayed and prayed and prayed for those eggies as they were too long in transit (post offices fault!) and I was afraid they would be toast by the time they got to me.

Tori packed those babies so well! She had sent me 9, I accidently broke one, but the remaining 8 are ALL developing!!

Just_Cuz_13.gif

She actually has 10 eggs under her, one might be her own, but I am not sure. The other one I know is an OEG mix, the other 8 silkies!!

The first chick to hatch (of the Silkies I mean) will be named Tori and the first chick to hatch from Emmy Lou's eggs will be named Lou!!

loveshower.gif

I had candled on day 6, and only saw veining in one. I almost tossed the others, thinking they weren't developing. I am so glad I didn't and decided to wait! Tori helped me though, she explained that sometimes silkies don't show veining until day 8 and today is day 8!!

I don't think I will candle on day 14...I don't want to risk harming them since they are with a broody! We will just have to see when day 14 gets here I guess...LOLOL

Yay!!! I know how you feel! It is absolutely amazing!
love.gif

You just wait til they pip and you can multiply that feeling times 100!!!!
jumpy.gif

Good Luck with your hatch...I hope they all pop right out for you!
~Rebecca
caf.gif

Well, they haven't hatched yet...
wink.png
But that sure is a very nice start!
woot.gif

I hope Melissa's do the same!
ya.gif

I have dark brown hair, but I seriously think I should have been blonde (no offense to blondes here!) It took me several minutes to recognize that the black dots I saw were CHICKS! LOL then I saw the veins and I was like OMG DUH!!!
he.gif
barnie.gif

2 more weeks,
jumpy.gif
and counting!!

Back
Top Bottom