We just had the thunderstorm of a lifetime...

its starting to rain here and lightening...hope it's died down since it left you!!! The girls are spending their first night in the coop!
hu.gif

Not storming at my house now but have tornado warnings in one county....had touchdowns yesterday. Gotta love spring weather in Colorado

oh my goodness...so logans mommy... it finally hit us around 4am this morning and lasted until about 6...you were NOT kidding! DEspite the tornado we had about a year and a half ago, that's the worst weather I've ever seen here! My windows under the porch are completely soaked to the top so you know the rain was blowing sideways, and I woke up and was watching...there was literally lightening every other SECOND! Not an exaggeration! And the thunder was just like this continuous roll! It was amazing to watch, and actually god sleeping weather, but it had me worried about my poor girls and their first night in the coop during a storm like that.. :-(

Poor chickens...the storms quieted down about midnight and then came back at 4am. My poor daughter is scared to death of storms and was up half the night. I was also surprised to find eggs this morning-I thought surely the storm would slow them down today. 4 so far!

They are calling for more storms today-I hope the don't hit as close as they did last night. We had 3.5 inches of rain in 2 hours plus high winds and nickel sized hail. I am hoping my garden will make it. My tomatos and potatos took a beating.

I sure miss the afternoon T-storms of Colorado... but I didn't have chooks then.
smile.png

Glad they're ok!!!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom