We just lost our beautiful Nubian milk goat named Scarlet

sad.png
awww I am so sorry you lost your special girl!
hugs.gif
Keep us updated on how her babies are doing.
Mitzi

What a heartbreak:hugs Lots of people would say "It's just a goat" but thats because they don't have any. They have a way of becoming a member of the family. Good luck with the babies. and- get some rest! Working with a sick goat and bottle feeding is so exhausting.

Thanks for all the love and support and understanding about how much goats can mean to us. The two little babies are eating fairly well. They are so young. I just continue to pray for them.

The rest of our goats are in a mourning state. They are looking around like where's Scarlett. Just moping. They are eating and drinking okay though. Just not lively. So they are getting additional love.

Goats are very smart and sensitive. Thanks for the advise on needing an iv drip. Our vet said to give injections and that's how we used it. I will search in the next few weeks for a vet who knows goats....Even though we live in the country. There is not much knowledge or attempt to "rescue" an ill goat. It's just beyond my understanding, so I really must become more and more educated so I can help them.

Just thanks again to each of you.....

Back
Top Bottom