We lost another chicken UPDATE: EVERYTHING IS BACK TO NORMAL

Honey, you need some help from the state on this one. Now, have you checked literally everywhere for a batch of mold growing? That will kill them like that, especially young ones. I do not think this is cocci.

Quote:
I have not found mold anywhere in the coops or runs. I have left a messege for the person that is the head of The Florida Department of Agriculture. I left the message about a week and a half ago.

Have you checked the local feed stores? Mine has corid (it is also used for cattle and that is the section they had it in)

I could only get the 16 oz. bottle. You can order online too.

I would treat them with that and or Sulmet. I don't see how it is going to make matters worse.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Quote:
I don't think it is cocci or worms is the problem. I could be wrong. Sulmet kills more than Corid does and we already tried the Sulmet.

I came home from dinner and I found our silkie rooster Dominic dead and our EE hen Cookie dead. We now have 10 left. And one of our BRs is looking terrible. Will this ever end?

I know it's a sad thought, but have you tried posting one of the dead birds? (posting=autopsy)

If you have let me know, I can help you figure out what's going on in most common cases.

So sorry to hear about your birds...I hope things work out for you.

***Strange thing is...was your girl okay before she went under your neighbors bush? Do all your birds free range? What are the symptoms of poison? Do you have anything growing around your/or your neighbors yard that they can get to....check out websites about poisonous plants/bushes that can grow in your area. Has any of your neighbors had their yards sprayed - lawn treatments? Mulched - weed killer?

Back
Top Bottom