We lost our little boy

Chickadee28

Songster
12 Years
Sep 20, 2007
Western IL
This past Friday we lost our 2yr old son. He was born with several heart defects, but had done amazingly well and his loss is a shock. At first I was going to re home our 11 week old chickens. I was worried that I did not have it in me to care for them. As all our friends and family came to our home they mentioned how peaceful it was to watch them and spend time out by the coop. I find myself out there several times a day and I take comfort in the their peaceful nature. We are planning a memorial garden out by the coop and a bench so I can sit and watch them as I reflect. Here is a link to my little boy's site, we kept a blog of his entire life. www.kevinmatthewkruse.com

IMG_1877.JPG

A picture of Kevin when the chicks arrived

My heart goes out to you and your family. I love the photo of Kevin smiling over the chicks. What a wonderful way to remember him.

With tears in my eyes I can't express enough how sorry I am for the huge loss you and your family is having to endure. His short life I'm sure has brought everyone who knew him love, courage and inspiration. I'm sure just looking at his face in that picture with those chicks, he would want you to keep them. He'll be there with you watching them peck the ground.

May you find Peace in all of this. It may be tough, but one day you will.

May God be with you

I am so sorry about the loss of your little boy. I remember that picture of him when you posted it before. I know nothing any us can say will help, but know you're in all of our hearts and prayers.

That is so terrible. I can't even begin to imagine your sorrow, and that's coming from someone who cries when a chicken get sick. You are certainly in my prayers. But, you got to spend two wonderful years with the cutie. Love the pic.
Ashlyn

I am so sorry to hear this news, what a beautiful little boy. May God be with you and your family in this time of loss. What a joy he seem to take in the chicks, please keep them they bring so much into our lives.

My sincerest condolences and sympathy in your grief. Thank you for sharing your story with us. I hope time will soon ease your pain and you can remember the good memories of your son with joy at the gift he was to you, even if it was only for a too-short time.

My deepest sympathy! I too know what is like to lose a child. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. The garden is a great idea and will bring you many hours of peace.

Back
Top Bottom