We need help here in sweden

boqvist

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 16, 2014
Helo fellow chicken friends,

We are a chicken crazy family in sweden and have several breeds, Australorp, Jersey Giant, orpington, cockin bantam and soon the impressive Luikse Vechter.

For some time ago we also had brahma laced and brahma isabelle, unfortunately a hungry fox came from out of the forest and took those fine animals. At brought Daylight when we where gone for an hour or something. Very very unlucky!!!

We have being searching here in sweden and also in Holland and germany, after those colours....without results.

We searched a bit further in the wide World and find many breeders in the u.s.I Have had Contact with a few but they didn.t send to europa. One of them gave us the advise to look here on BYC....So here we are. Searching after a kind person (persons) who can Think of to send hatching eggs of laced brahma and isabelle coloured to the other side of the Atlantic.

We are aware of that it can be difficult and that it is a change to take for us if you Think of fertilty...We are anyway positive that it can work if the eggs will send by priority airplane post. We will ofcourse stand for the shipment price.

fingers crossed..

kind regards, family Jacobs Boqvist

thank you for youre awnser! Yes we hope that somebody can help us. We keep on trying :)

Importing and exporting eggs is very pricey. I don't know what the import laws for your country are but here you require...

Health certification from a government veterinarian from the country of origin saying that the flock is healthy. $150USD minimum, possibly more
Import permit, $175 and weeks notice
Cooperation from the shipping company to know the port of arrival and the flight number
A vet inspection upon arrival by a government vet. Minimum $40, probably more.
Overnight shipping costs, $130

You should do some research into what sort of things your country requires for shipping eggs into it. In the US you are looking at 2-4 weeks prep work and $500 to import eggs.

To export from the US only requires an export permit on our end which is something like $100-$200. Your countries requirements may also require health certificates or certain tests performed, etc.

And yeah, all this for just hatching eggs. Forget about shipping live birds!

You may find some answers here http://www.jordbruksverket.se/swedi...t/petbirds.4.6621c2fb1231eb917e680003127.html

Besides this, I would suggest you contact the government quarantine department in Sweden.

Having said this, it may be illegal to import poultry into your country. It is certainly illegal to do so in Australia. Too much risk of bringing in exotic disease which may threaten the commercial poultry industry. Only commercial eggs are imported into Australia.

Tanks for all the information! Really nice of all people!
It seems like that i can forget eggs from outside europé. I definitly understand that it is too much work and Money for the Sellers.'

Back
Top Bottom