we need info about our chicks!

julielight

Hatching
12 Years
Aug 4, 2007
Hi everyone!

This is my first visit to this forum and I'm hoping there's someone who can help.

My son has come pullets that he's taking to the 4-H fair this coming week and we have looked and looked for information about some of them and have had no luck. We're hoping there's someone out here who might know something that would be helpful.

He has a Norwegian Jaehorn (I also have seen it spelled Jaerhorn) that we got this spring and we can't find anything out about her.
sad.png
All we know is that she's new the the U. S. and that her breed hasn't yet been registered with the APA. Do any of you have this bird? She's really pretty and docile, seems to like being held, but that's all we have!! Please write back with anything...where the breed is from, how old the breed is known to be, etc. Anything will help, I'm sure

He's also taking a Black Minorca, Single Combed Brown Leghorn, and a Blue-laced Polish. (Those four are his pullets). He's taking two hens..a beautiful Buff Orpington and a Blue Andalusian. If anyone has any info on any of them I'd love it. We know about most of them, but any and all info always helps.

This is my son's first try at this and I'm hoping he enjoys it.!!!

I look forward to hearing from anyone about this, and speaking to you all in the future!!

Thanks Julie Light:)

To those of you who helped us...thank you so much!! My son made little cards with the "girls" (he calls them his "girls"!!) names, breeds, ages and a little funfact that he found out about each of them, along with their exhibitor tags, and hung them on the front of their cages out at the fairgrounds. The black minorca decided she didn't want anyone to know so she pulled hers into her cage and shredded it!!

To Hotwings, I'll send you a pic of my son and his Jaehorn as soon as I can...checkou the link that crumpet sent me (to Feathersite) and you can see pictures there. I think the hens are way better looking than the cocks.

Anyway, thanks again, you've made this an even more fabulous experience for my son, and for that, I am grateful.

Have a blessed day. Julie Light
wink.png

Welcome to the board! Youll find lots and lots of helpful and smart people here! The Jaerhons looks like some pretty birds! I think I need some now.
big_smile.png

So how did the fair go?

Shannon

This is another good site...
http://www.ithaca.edu/staff/jhenderson/chooks/chooks.html
The Leghorn, the Andalusian, the Polish and the Minorca are Mediterranean breeds which have a tendency to be flighty, basically acting like you're Colonel Sanders and Frank Perdue approaching with a bucket, shrinkwrap and 27 herbs and spices.
I'd also like to see a pic of the Jaerhorn...
Orps are good moms and have a tendency to go broody at the drop of a hat.

Back
Top Bottom