We Quit Cigarettes

@21hens-incharge How are you doing today?

I am ok(ish) I have a screaming headache today. I think partly from reduced smoking and partly my blood sugars are a mess today. No they aren't dangerously high or low but they aren't letting me eat anything yet either.
I put a piece of salmon in the oven. No carbs in that at least.

I am trying to be at just 10 smokes for the day. Not sure I will make it. It is hard being stuck at home all day.

I am ok(ish) I have a screaming headache today. I think partly from reduced smoking and partly my blood sugars are a mess today. No they aren't dangerously high or low but they aren't letting me eat anything yet either.

I am trying to be at just 10 smokes for the day. Not sure I will make it. It is hard being stuck at home all day.
You'll make it!

I have issues with staying at home right now too.
I'm trying to stay out of the house most of the day.

We're here for you! Try smoking only part of a cig at a time, not the whole thing. I did that, then would smoke the other part later. That helped me stick to my limit.

We're here for you! Try smoking only part of a cig at a time, not the whole thing. I did that, then would smoke the other part later. That helped me stick to my limit.
I did this...part of a cigarette for the last few months.
It helped.

Let's see, are ciggies about $5 a pack? I was smoking two packs a day when I quit almost ten years ago. Ten bucks a day times 30 days a month..... yikes, I was spending $300 a month on cigarettes???? That's like, a car payment for sure! A GOOD car! That's amazing!

Mine is about $270 a month. Technically $269.88 haha

We had this discussion... Pickles and celery are a must.

True! On the other thread haha and you weirdos put mustard in your tuna :lau :sick

Mine were closer to 8 bucks a pack.
How embarrassing.

What a waste of money.

Well now you are SAVING that money!!!

So you have a similar experience as me with the chicken truck. When I saw a chicken truck It really upset me because the chickens looked so disgusting. They barely had feathers on their behind, they all look like they couldn't stand, and other stuff I don't even want to say.
I didn't get as good a look at it as you did. The driver was speeding like mad. It was the SD interstate and we were going the limit--85. He passed us like we were poking along. There were heads and feet and wings flopping out all over the place. It was awful. I think he didn't want to be seen and wanted off the interstate asap. Or maybe he just likes driving fast. 🤷‍♀️

You know, meat chickens are meat chickens and they were on their way to be butchered but no creature deserves that kind of treatment. I can't stop it but I don't have to participate. I don't fault people who do, but I just don't want to.

Chantix is just trading 1 drug for another drug - plus it messes your microbiome up so make sure to eat greek yogurt if you're not dairy sensitive - and it alters neurochemistry which can backfire. I quit a 30 year cigarette habit by using the E cigarettes for a while, then those got old and I stopped. I know it's personal, but I really don't think Chantix is a good way to go.

Proper nutrition is essential for the cravings - B vitamins, magnesium (take a quality multiple vitamin - not a one a day, has to be like 4-6 caps/tabs a day to be high quality); and at least 6-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep is essential

It’s fine if that doesn’t work for you or you don’t agree with it or whatever but it is working for Kiki and has worked for many others so I don’t think it’s fair to say that she’s wrong for it. Actually, it’s a little bit ridiculous and rude. It is working for her so who cares? The health tips are interesting and possibly helpful but saying she’s wrong was unnecessary. But I am glad you were able to quit! That is awesome.

Back
Top Bottom