We Quit Cigarettes

Looking for a definition........which group might that be?

Do you mean you want me to define who the primitive uncivilized people that still eat raw meat are?

I am not sure it would be politically correct to point out these Neanderthals. :lau :lau :lau :lau :lau

I want to add, I stand for the rights of those that want eat raw meat to have the freedom to do so, no matter how much it grosses me out.

I was with a friend once who grabbed a hunk of cold raw hamburger from the fridge and ate it...

I almost lost it right then. I just can’t do bloody meat.

Do you mean you want me to define who the primitive uncivilized people that still eat raw meat are?

I am not sure it would be politically correct to point out these Neanderthals. :lau :lau :lau :lau :lau

I want to add, I stand for the rights of those that want eat raw meat to have the freedom to do so, no matter how much it grosses me out.

I was with a friend once who grabbed a hunk of cold raw hamburger from the fridge and ate it...

I can understand you regarding the raw beef like that fridge grab stunt but, I am a big fan of sushi & sashimi.

When we were younger and processing and packaging the beef du jour, my youngest brother would eat the raw burger as we were packaging it.

At that stage, there was no bloodiness about it.

I am available to teach you both, and any one else about my sense of humor, as a training aid so you can all be as normal as me...

For a small up charge...

:lau
I shall pass on said upcharge for the foreseeable future. I am always willing to learn from others. I can also allow my morbid sense of humor to venture out in public from time to time as well.

I quit smoking in December and it sucked
I’m doing great but there are times I still feel
Like im
Dying for a ciggerette and I get so upset I’m like come onnn man it’s been long enough I shouldn’t have these strong cravings any more , but that being said it’s only occasionally and I’m doing well over all
Just keep swimming
=========================
...4 years later and I still have an occasional desire which last for 5-10 minutes. A friend quit 23 years ago...same thing.
( I now say that on my 5th quitting anniversary I am going buy a fresh pack of cigarettes and have a a cigarette with my favorite beverage..ice tea).

Not to be discouraged, however.

Previously I pointed out a significant way to deal with that challenge. I will repeat it here;
(I give God full credit for guiding me in this manner)

There is no easy way to remove an addictive status. Just accept that as a fact....and deal with it.

NEVER say ...I will NEVER have another cigarette.

Say...I choose not have one now but, this evening after dinner (or your previous choice time) I am going to have a nice cigarette with a cold beverage....but not now.......or....tomorrow morning after breakfast with coffee I am going to have a enjoyable cigarette, but not now,etc.

When the stated time arrives I assure you that , that little control element in the addictive side of the brain will remind you. Then say no...but, re-set another previously desirable time frame to have one.

DO NOT STOP setting future times to have a cigarette....if you do it will probably drive you to having a cigarette NOW....that is not the way to quit.

Remove hot spices from your diet

Do not drink alcoholic beverages while quitting.

Don't stop being around smokers. (not in closed spaces) While in their midst just think of how blessed you are....not to be a smoker.
Notice how awful stinky their clothes are and their breath...God forbid.

Exercise, exercise, exercise....with your doctor's permission...of course.

Snack often...on non fattening items .....(treat once in a while ) LOL

Do not talk about quitting smoking unless with a fellow quitter....and only reinforcement topics.

Remember the costs...a pack a day is over $150.00 per month ( what could you buy...that you would like to have for that amount?) or $1,800. per year.

When you are in the public arena...notice the number of folks wearing a oxygen tank/mask. Most are/or were smokers...and most likely you have beat that predicament.

Do not switch to a non smoking nicotine source...chewing tobacco, snuff, vaps, etc.

NEVER say... I will NEVER have another cigarette.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom